Maintaining a beautiful, healthy smile is essential for oral health and confidence. If you’re thinking about Invisalign treatment, don’t worry – your general dentist can provide high-quality Invisalign service.
General dentistry is the branch that diagnoses, prevents, and treats common dental issues. General dentists are primary care providers who offer a range of services to keep your teeth and gums healthy. In addition to routine checkups, cleanings, fillings, and more complex issues like gum disease, tooth decay, or oral cancer, they can also address them.
General Dentists and Invisalign
Let us examine the procedures general dentists offer and why you should trust your general dentist with Invisalign treatment.
What Procedures Does General Dentistry Include?
General dentistry covers a range of procedures to help you keep your mouth healthy. Here are some of the services provided by general dentists:
- Oral Exams: General dentists perform routine oral exams to detect signs of tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. Additionally, they assess bite and jaw alignment for any irregularities.
- Cleanings: During a dental cleaning, your general dentist removes plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth and gums. This aids in preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
- Fillings: If your tooth has a cavity, your general dentist can fill it with a tooth-colored filling to restore both function and aesthetic value. You can search for a reputable dental facility for an excellent treatment and oral procedures.
- Root Canals: If an infected or abscessed tooth exists, they can perform a root canal to extract infected tissue and save your tooth.
- Extractions: If your tooth has suffered severe damage or decay, your general dentist may need to extract it to avoid further injury to your mouth.
- Teeth Whitening: General dentists provide teeth whitening treatments to eliminate stains and discolorations from teeth.
- Invisalign Treatment Options: General dentists can also offer Invisalign treatment to straighten teeth and enhance your smile. You can follow this link for more info about Invisalign treatments.
When Can a General Dentist Help With Invisalign?
Invisalign is a treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth. While some people mistakenly think only orthodontists offer this service, general dentists can provide it. Here are a few reasons why seeing your general dentist for Invisalign treatment might be beneficial:
- Convenience: General dentists offer a comprehensive range of dental services, so you can receive your Invisalign treatment in the same office where you get other routine dental work.
- Expertise: General dentists are well-trained in diagnosing and treating dental issues, including orthodontics. Your general dentist has the skill set to provide Invisalign treatment so your teeth are correctly aligned.
- Personalized Care: Your general dentist is familiar with your dental history and can provide personalized attention throughout your Invisalign treatment. Furthermore, they’ll monitor your oral health to guarantee that teeth and gums remain healthy during the duration of the appliance.
- Cost-Effective Treatment Options: In some cases, Invisalign treatment provided by a general dentist may be more cost-effective than that provided by an orthodontist. Your general dentist can give you a quote for your treatment and explain any insurance benefits available to you.
- Comfortable Treatment: Invisalign aligners are comfortable and simple, making them a popular option for adults and teens. Your general dentist can provide all the care and support you need to achieve an ideal treatment outcome. You can also ask them about Invisalign retainers cost if you’re interested.
Your general dentist is well-equipped to provide high-quality Invisalign treatment. Their expertise, convenience, personalized attention, cost efficiency, and commitment to comfort ensure they help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Don’t hesitate to book a consultation with them to discover more about how Invisalign can improve oral health and appearance – with their assistance, you’ll have a beautiful smile for years to come.